Wednesday, June 15, 2011

At Home Deep Conditioner



Once in a while I enjoy an at‐home deep conditioning treatment that I actually leave in my hair overnight.
It's one of my favorites and just happens to be something that you might already have in your kitchen cabinets or if not you can find it pretty easy in any health food store. Plus it's cheap!
It's Organic, unrefined, virgin Cocounut oil
Any brand will do

Here is what to do:


First, I wash and lightly condition my hair.
Then I towel dry my hair
and flip my hair over the bathtub or sink and grab a handful of
the Cocunt Oil and massage it into my hair and scalp. (The oil actually gets kinda hard at room temperature so I heat up a glass of water and put the oil in there til it gets soft or melted all the way, whatever is easier for you to slather it on your hair)
Then, you put your hair up in a bun or just out of the way somehow and wrap it up in a towel to soak up some of the excess oil.
Sometimes if I remember I put a towel in the dryer so it's nice and warm on my head but it's not necessary.
Then I usually put a plastic cap on to sleep with plus a towel on my pillow so I don't get oil on my sheets.
When I wake up in the morning, I shampoo and condition my hair and then enjoy soft, silky hair!





Photobucket

4 comments:

Krista said...

I love using coconut oil in my hair. I have 3 little boys that always have their heads shaved. I put the coconut oil on their scalps for the dry skin.

Jamie said...

This sounds great! I often run my hands through my hair after putting coconut oil on my skin (to get rid of the excess on my hands and to add a little shine to my hair). I can't imagine how lustrous it would be after this treatment!

Amy said...

I will have to try that! I haven't ever thought about using it on my hair. I even have some :)

EasyWayFinder said...

This sounds great! I often run my hands from end to end my hair after putting coconut oil on my skin. EasyWayFinder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...