Friday, October 14, 2011

Oct 14--DESSERT DAY

Today is NATIONAL DESSERT DAY (AKA, “Forget about Calories” Day)! Aren’t you glad I go out and find these holidays for you to know about? This was one I couldn’t let go unnoticed since I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE desserts! They make life quite enjoyable…don’t you agree?

Anyway, on this luscious day, the internet suggested having dessert after every meal, and I don’t know about you, but the internet is never wrong, so I’m going to try hard to follow their advice. I don’t want to be a stick-in-the-mud (which there probably is a day for, but it’s not TODAY!)

So in honor of this scrumptious day, I thought I’d post an easy dessert! It whips up real fast (which if you’re lazy like me, that’s a BONUS!). My family called them Hello Bonnie Cookies growing up (I don’t know why).

Hello Bonnie Cookies

1 cube butter (melted)
Sleeve of Graham crackers (crushed)
Half a bag (or less) of chocolate chips
1-2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
½-1 cup slivered almonds
1-2 cups marshmallows
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Pour melted butter in an 8x8 pan; sprinkle crushed graham crackers over top and press down. Sprinkle with marshmallows, chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts (and any other yummy thing you might like). Then pour the sweetened condensed milk over that all and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until the coconut is toasty brown. Cool and then PIG OUT—Remember, it’s DESSERT DAY....Calories don't count!



Pin It
Photobucket

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I appreciate your commitment to keeping us informed of these important dates. Thank you :)

Unfortunately it's 10pm and I'm about to go to bed...I'll have to celebrate tomorrow instead...wouldn't want it to go unmarked! xx

Mrs. L said...

You just made my day. If only I read this a little earlier.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...