Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Kids Handprint Christmas Thank-You Cards

I don't know about you but I love to receive a thank-you card.
And because I do, I LOVE to have my kids send thank-you's for their gifts at birthdays and Christmas.

And ever since I have had kids I have loved the idea of handprint cards!
One reason is that it is SUPER easy...you can make it as easy or complicated as you want.
But when each of my kids has turned 1 year old, I sent out thank-you's with just their handprint on the front of a card and then I wrote our thank-you's inside the card.  Easy peasy!

Well, here is a Christmas version of the handprint thank-you card!
Reindeer handprints

What you need:
brown ink
red ink
black marker
notecard

You just take your childs hand and ink it up with brown ink...
of course you can use paint but I like the less-mess version of link pads.
Now, do NOT ink the middle finger!
Ink the whole hand EXCEPT the middle finger.
Then place it gently down on your card.

Tip:
When placing the hand down, try to have their thumb and index fingers stay close together and their pinky and ring fingers stay close together.  It helps make the separation.

Clean that cute little hand up with some baby wipes...
Next, ink up their thumb with red ink and gently place it in the middle of your reindeer for his nose!
Now take your black marker and make 2 dots for eyes.
You are done.
See, simple!

I like to do a cute coordinating envelope print as well.
This is just a thumbprint Christmas tree.

Again, pretty simple...
just ink up their thumb with green ink and gently place it on the front of your envelope.
Draw a small trunk for your tree and give it an ornament or two.  Then place a small star sticker on top!

It is so much cleaner than using paint but it does still leave their hands a bit messy for a bit...

Have fun with your kids doing a fun craft AND surprising Grandma & Grandpa with a cute memento of your child ALL while using good manners and sending a thank-you card!


Pin It
Photobucket

3 comments:

Wet pretzels said...

I love this. I will have to try it with my little one.

JKclark said...

Oooh I LOVE the thumbprint tree on the envelope! Perfect finishing touch!

Betsy Pool said...

This is so cute! Thanks for sharing this on the Take it on Tuesday blog hop!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...