Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Baked Mac & Cheese

A shout out to Charissa who provided the family this little gem. I must caveat by saying that growing up I liked it when mom made mac and cheese. She put in just the right amount of milk and cheese to make it taste delicious. I have never, ever liked the mac and cheese from a box - DISGUSTING! I have to wear a blindfold and mask if my kids ask me to make some for them. I do not like to eat things that are fake and that would definitely include fake cheese. Awful stuff. To add to the mix of mac & cheese recipes I don't like, my husbands family's secret recipe is a mac & cheese that they add copious amounts of canned milk to which makes it for all intents and purposes a soupy mass. Occasionally, if you're lucky, you may find some evidence that cheese was included but that is a rare event and a cause for celebration. Since I don't care much for milk, eating a bowl full of pasta swimming in milk has never been my favorite thing either. With that being said, I have recently acquired several very delicious baked mac and cheese recipes which remind me of those bygone days when my loving mother served up mac and cheese with just the right amount of this and the right amount of that. Without further adieu, the recipe:

2 1/2 cups macaroni noodles
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or Colby Jack)
12 oz small curd cottage cheese
8 oz sour cream
1/4 cup parmesan
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
salt and pepper

Cook noodles and drain.  In 9x13 pan, stir together the noodles, cheeses, sour cream, and salt and pepper.  In another bowl, mix bread crumbs and butter.  Sprinkle topping over macaroni.  Bake 30-35 min. or till golden.

Recipes really don't get much easier than this so I feel the pictures below are pretty self-explanatory.  If you want something quick, easy, and delicious, this is a good recipe to have on hand.  Enjoy!




Photobucket

5 comments:

Simply Tasheena said...

I've never tried adding cottage cheese. It looks great!

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

Haha Andrea...your writing cracks me up!! Can't wait to try this because everything else you make is AMAZING!!

tiffunny said...

The little bit I cleaned off of Mally's plate was so delicious I almost skipped the R.S. dinner so I just could stay there and eat your mac and cheese!

Charissa said...

This is a good one. We all like it here. The cheesier the better though...so make that 8 oz of cheese generous (like double or more).

Sarah said...

Yes please!!!! This looks amazing. I need all the comfort I can get since me and my husband are dealing with finals! Thanks for sharing & for featuring my girl Jess' tie & suspenders onesie from last week! I look forward to being blog friends with all of you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...