Monday, July 4, 2011

Homemade Chocolate Banana Ice Cream

How has the Summer To Do List been going for you all?  I know my boys and I have gotten a lot of items crossed off our list.  And just the other day we managed to cross off another which I had been anticipating since we printed off our list.  It was eating homemade ice cream.  Yum Yum.

We are down in Las Vegas for my little brothers wedding (post to come).  Of course being the bossy girl that I am I told my mom that while I was here visiting I wanted her to make some of her famous chocolate banana ice cream.  And since I am her favorite child she immediately got to work on my request.

This recipe is simple and the best part is that it will be a crowd pleaser.  Everyone will be asking for seconds and thirds.  It makes for a great addition to any BBQ and since today is the 4th of July we thought we would share this 'family secret recipe' to all of you.
***You will need an ice cream maker to make this recipe****


Ingredients:


4 eggs
3 1/2 cups sugar
4 cups whipping cream (do not whip)
1 cup chocolate syrup or 3/4 can syrup
7 1/2 cups milk
4 bananas, mashed
3/4 tsp salt




Directions:
Beat eggs (with or without beaters...its up to you), add sugar.  Beat until stiff.  Add remaining ingredients.  Put in ice cream machine with ice and salt on top and let it mix til frozen.  

Tell me I am not the only one who loves to take the ice off the machine and suck the salt off it?  So delish:)




And here are Heidi and my mom enjoying the delicious ice cream. 



We hope you enjoy the recipe and most of all
enjoy a HAPPY and SAFE 4th of July!


Happy 235th Birthday America!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think I need to make that TODAY! That sounds delicious :)

Jill said...

Sounds yummy! I would love an ice-cream maker - I'm still on taking mine out of the freezer at intervals to stir as it sets!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Heather Andrews said...

Sounds wonderful!! That'll be my next ice cream project. Mmmm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...