Monday, February 27, 2012

TIME to Fill in the Blanks!

My daughter started to redecorate her room when she was home for a break and was bored...but she left for college again before she finished it.  I’ve now taken it over as my office since she’s not here, and I quite like her walls, except for one thing... 

...This wall isn’t finished. 

She has the clocks set for different places and the framed prints of cool buildings she likes (she’s an architecture major), but she never wrote whatever quote she had in her mind in the two middle pieces.  I think it was something about being timeless (hmmm?)  She probably told me what she meant it to say, but I’m in my 40’s and my memory isn’t what it used to be. 

Every time I sit down to work or write, I look at that wall and wonder what it’s supposed to say.   Is it saying....?

Time Out!
Time to Get to Work, Lazy.
Time never stops...so why are You?
Buildings are Timeless, until they fall down on you in an earthquake.
Once upon a Time...The End.

What should be written there?  My mind taunts me to fill in the blanks, but some of my ideas just make me mad and I find myself sticking my tongue out at that wall and saying, “Neener, neener, neener!” 

I guess I could stop writing this post right now and call my daughter and solve the riddle that haunts my working hours, but what would be the fun of that?  She’d tell me, and that would be the end.  Too easy.

As I visit many of your blogs each week to choose my pick for the linky party, I’m amazed by all the creativity buzzing around out there.  Back in my 20’s and 30’s, I had a lot of that stuff too (but it wasn’t so cool back then and nobody blogged about it).  Now that it’s cool, creativity has left me, but that’s all right...because there is enough of it out there with you all to make up for what I lack now.

I’m opening my question up to all of you to get your ideas on what my daughter could write on these frames to finish her wall.  Truthfully, she’s home so little, that I wonder if it will ever get done...but if I get some good ideas, then at least when I look at that blank space, I can fill it in with one of your uplifting quotes, rather than my nagging thoughts that make me want to throw something at it.    

So...all you creative people out there...help me FILL IN THE BLANKS! 

What would you write in these frames if this was YOUR room?     


Pin It
Photobucket

6 comments:

Herballistic Garden said...

How about (in keeping with the clocks and the photograph theme) putting "Time is..." in one and "Essence" in the other? I left out the Time is "OF THE" essence because it seemed cooler in this grouping...the essence of nature? Get it? Maybe I'm just nuts...hahaha! That's what I thought of when I looked at it.
xo wendy

Melissa @ LoveBugLiving said...

You could use dry erase markers on the glass to write in your saying so they won't be blank until your daughter gets home.
How about:
Time is now!
Don't let time pass you by.
Time for Fun.

Melissa
www.lovebugliving.com

Charissa said...

Time is...Essence--I like that.
The dry erase idea is a good one too, because then, depending on my mood, I could be sarcastic or cheesy without making my daughter mad when she came home. She might get mad if she came home to see I'd written, "Time to go to Sonic!" on it. She's quite particular.

Mrs. L said...

“Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.” Harvey MacKay (A little long)

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.” Albert Einstein

“We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.” Jeremy Irons

“Lost time is never found again.” Benjamin Franklin

“Better late than never, but never late is better”

“Don’t count every hour in the day, make every hour in the day count.”

I like the last two best!

Tenille said...

Love is spelled T-I-M-E

Charissa said...

Thanks Mrs. L. for all your suggestions. I liked your last one the best..."Make every HOUR count"; and "Love is T-I-M-E" is a good one too, Ten.
Okay, now to write these all down and tell them to my daughter next time I talk with her. If she gives me a different one that's not above, I'll write back here so people can see it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...