Monday, September 26, 2011

Board & Batten

Last summer I decided I wanted to change up our front entryway.  After seeing online a technique called "board & batten" I knew we could do it with our amateur wood skills.  We did all our measurements and I went to Home Depot and bought all the wood and had them cut it for me.  Easy peesy!

The most tedious part was caulking.  I would put it on and then use my finger to make sure it filled every crack.  By the time I was done, all my fingers were bloody from being rubbed raw!  Ouch!  But I loved the way it all turned out!



It really changes the whole look of the front of the house.  I love it!!  And the best thing is it was pretty inexpensive to do!  It was less than $100!




Have you tried board & batten yet? 


Photobucket

9 comments:

dxeechick said...

that looks awesome!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

I never heard of this technique but I love it! So cute

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

This is an amazing trasformation! I'm so impressed with your skills! Don't you love how Home Depot cuts the wood for you? :)

PS I have a $50 cash giveaway going on at my blog this week. Come by when you get a chance! :)

Cat Jones said...

sweeet mama! Great job. I've been wanting to do this in my dull, boring, begging for mercy hallway...you made it look so easy!!

Lolly Jane said...

love love love! great execution! i have b&b in my whole house, i'm obsessed (:

thanks for linkin up to Whatcha Got Weekend!

xoxo,
Kelli

Chef in Training said...

love this! It turned out great! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Marie said...

It makes such a huge difference! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share! Hope you’re joining us again this week!
http://mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com/2011/10/show-share-8.html

Marie
Mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Fabulous, amazing and wonderful!!! I am visiting from Sweet Peas and Bumblebees and I am a new follower!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Cassandra @ The Life of CK and Nate said...

Looks Great! I've been thinking about doing this in my dinning room and I'm glad that it is so inexpensive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...