Friday, September 9, 2011

Where were you?

I'm pretty sure you all know the famous Alan Jackson song" Where were you when the world stopped turning"...
September 11, 2001 is definitely one of those days where everyone remembers exactly where they were. As for me I was going to school at Ricks College in Idaho. I remember doing my hair in the bathroom and having my roommate come in to tell me that a plane just crashed into the World Trade Center.

I'm sad to say that I pretty much shrugged it off because I didn't even know that the World Trade Center or the Pentagon were even in our country!  My roomate thought the Twin Towers were in Jerusalem and I thought the Pentagon was in Egypt.  I know, I'm blonde, I have an excuse right!

But then as I made my way to the t.v. and actually saw the damage and that it was actually in NYC, I was completely shocked and devastated. I remember being completely glued to the news coverage and hearing of survivors being found and others who sacrificed their lives.

Now 10 years later, I can make fun of myself how I didn't know where the World Trade Center was because I know now and I remember all that has happened that day and since.
I once read some wise counsel from President Spencer W. Kimball (president of the LDS church from 1973-1985)...
What do you think is the most important word in the dictionary? 
"...perhaps the most important word is remember...Our greatest need is to remember."


Photobucket

1 comment:

tiffunny said...

Egypt??? You make me laugh. Loved the song tribute though. Never seen that before. And the ending quote is perfect too! Great post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...