Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chocolate Trifle!!!

For all you Chocolate Lovers out there, this dessert is a keeper! My husband found the recipe and made it for me for Mother’s Day, and we’ve made it several times since because it’s sooooo delicious!

Chocolate Trifle
1 (19.8 oz) package brownie mix
1 (3.9 oz) package instant chocolate pudding
½ cup water
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 (8 oz) container whipped topping
1 Special dark chocolate candy bar

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares. Try a few (I always do); it’s my reward for cooking.

In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 1 container whipped topping. (Warning!!! Don’t cut your finger on the lid of the sweetened condensed milk can; that thing is treacherous, but my family just can’t resist licking every drop out of the can)

In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the other container of whipped topping. Repeat layers.

Shave chocolate on for garnish (use a potato peeler; it works great!)
Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
I don’t know the calorie count, and really don’t want to find out. It’s like the Cheesecake Factory once responded to an email I sent them about calories for their meals. They told me if I needed to know, I probably didn’t want to eat at their establishment really. Same with this baby! This is one of those “I’ve died and gone to heaven!” desserts that you want to eat to celebrate something (Birthdays, Mother’s Day, Thursdays).
If you eat it every day, you’ll definitely add JUNK IN YOUR TRUNK. So enjoy wisely!

Pin It
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks so yummy!!

Sarah said...

This looks delicious! Maybe I'll start Operation Lose Baby Weight tomorrow!

Unknown said...

This looks really delicious! You had me at "chocolate"! lol

Jill said...

Oh my goodness - that sounds delicious and very very wicked!! :)

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Whit said...

wow yummy. I have to try this out. Thank you so much for sharing and for linking up to last weeks show and share. We hope to see you and your newest project on Wednesday.

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...