Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Some St. Patrick's Day Inspiration

My post today is simply just a collection of some of my favorite St. Patrick's Day ideas I've seen this week on various sites.  I'm always looking for new ways to make a holiday fun for the kids.  If you have some cute/fun ideas for St. Patrick's Day, I'd love to see them, so feel free to leave the link in the comments section so we can all check it out and maybe even feature your idea in a future post!

If you haven't figured it out yet, I LOVE Jello, so this rainbow jello idea by Funky Polka Dot Giraffe (click Here) is a winner in my eyes! 

How cute are these paper shamrocks by Chicken Scratch (click Here)?  And they're easy enough that even I could make them! 



If you love your Subway Art, this one by Funky Polkadot Giraffe is super cute.  (click Here)

And Mom on Time Out's blog has a few super cute St. Patty's day themed printables that would be perfect for printing out and attaching to goodies or gifts!  (click Here)


Sugar cookies are perfect for ANY holiday - especially the yummy recipe Tenille posted a few weeks ago here.  I just posted this picture (from Skip to my Lou) to remind me to make some of them this time around since I slacked off at Valentine's Day (and Halloween and Christmas . . . ) 
missys-sugar-cookies.jpg


I'm sure you've all seen this idea floating around the past few years from "It is What it Is" (click Here).  It is so cute though and every year I think I'm going to get around to making some!  Maybe this is the lucky year. 

Any excuse to mix mint & chocolate together works for me.  Check out these yummy mint brownies from Sweet and Lovely Crafts Here


I have no idea where'd I buy rock candy, but this is such a cute, original gift idea from Detail Oriented Diva that would be super cute to give to teachers and friends.  Click Here


I really wish I would decorate my mantel for every holiday like I used to.  Some people in this world are just amazing at it - like Landee See, Landee Do!  Click Here


This is such a fun idea to do with your little ones.  Plus, if you love colored mini marshmallows like I do, it's a great chance to sneak a few!  Click Here (from Lady Create-a-lot)


And this isn't St. Patrick's Day themed at all, but since I found this on Dr. Seuss's birthday, I included it anyway.  You know I have a fondness for hand and foot prints!  (Idea found Here at Meet the Dubiens)
footbook1


Okay, so here is a handprint one that IS St. Patty's Day themed (from "the Mom Creative"  HERE).  Cute right? 

And whether or not I am successful at doing any of the cute projects above, I will at least continue the tradition of making a GREEN meal.  My mom always did that when I grew up and I loved it.  My kids get so excited about it too.  And you can make almost anything green so your imagination is the limit!  We've had green mashed potatoes, green gravy, green bread, green jello, green beans, green milk, green Kool-Aid, green pancakes, green eggs . . . well I think you get the idea.


Have fun celebrating St. Patrick's Day this year and remember to share any fun ideas/recipes/crafts you have done or seen as well! 

Photobucket


3 comments:

Altax said...

Everything looks great and yummy.

Saint Patrick’s Day

Charissa said...

Green potatoes are okay, but the 'green' gravy always looked a little unappetizing. But it was still always fun to do.

Heidi said...

What a great round up of ideas!! I love the marshmallow paper for the kids to do...simple yet fun!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...