Thursday, July 14, 2011

Most requested hair right now

So remember when the "Rachael" was the most requested haircut ever??
I was in beauty school at that time and totally remember trying it out on my sister Tenille. I know I have a picture of when we cut it but can't find it at the moment. Maybe for another post, cause it's a classic;)


Well times have changed since then.
So I thought it would be fun to showcase some of the most requested hairstyles I get
as a hair dresser.


The Bob will always be around. It's a classic.
However, there are so many ways to wear a bob right now.
Right now the tousled bob is really in



I get this picture alot. It's a fun playful twist on the bob and works for most age groups.


The Lob (long bob) is still getting asked for.
It's nice and sleek and it's still versatile since it looks so cute with loose waves still.



I've seriously had a million clients bring this picture in!
I know why cause it is really cute and doable.
Plus, most people like it cause they want something different but are too scared to cut it too short.
This hairstyle is a cute medium haircut.


J-Lo's hair gets requested alot too.
It's sometimes for her amazing color or just her long layers.



My short hair clients bring in this picture alot still.
Even when their hair isn't quite this short they bring it in cause they love the chunkiness of it.


I love this style on Reese!
Straight across bangs are still requested alot
This picture just shows how you can very slightly part it.


I have clients constantly bringing in a Victoria Secrets magazine to show me one of the models hair. I seriously love all the models hair in there. It's just that natural haircolor and natural waves. Very feminine for sure!

Kim Kardashian's "winged" bang hair is requested alot.


Here's a shorter version.
And a good way to wear your hair when growing out the straight across bangs.


I get this picture mainly for the swooped bang


Jennifer Aniston is always brought up mostly for her very natural colors


I get this picture alot for Carrie Underwood's bangs and for the front layering.


And the most requested hair is
The Ombre or Color Melting
I love this because you can be dramatic with it like these:




Or less dramatic like these:



Now do you want to know what I'm loving right now?
I'm obsessed with the fun pops of color in hair these days!
How cute is this rainbow tipped hair??

I'm totally going to do this to my hair! I love it!

I mean how could I not after seeing my fav Britney Spears rockin it in her new music video!

And I just had to add this picture because it's gorgeous!




26 comments:

scrapfancy said...

I just love the bottom braid. Great photos.

La-Dee-da crafter said...

This is a great post. Love seeing all the hair and I totally had the Rachel cut back in the day!!! I actually still love it, but I love that rainbow tipped coloring. cute!!!
ladeedacreations.com
following you now.

Paula@SweetPea said...

I had the Rachel cute, too!

April said...

Great pics and styles....now can ya please explain to me how the heck to get my bangs to look like theirs because I always end up with them flat on my forehead...which is why I don't ever wear bangs!

Tonya said...

Super fun!! I love the colors in the braid. How does one do that...extensions? Is the color permanent if it's dye? I'm almost 40 though, maybe too old for me...but it sure looks fun!!! :) Great post!

keli b said...

how funny I just got my hair cut and took the picture of the girl looking over her shoulder. I've had my hair short for over a year now and I'm missing my long hair.

The Miller's @ Prezidential Life said...

I am guilty of trying a few of these myself! Thanks for sharing... i love the post! Maybe you can do something on what cuts are good for different hair types. Always a down for for me. I always pick something that doesnt suit my FULL OF HAIR head... dang thick hair! Anyways... I loved the post! thanks for sharing.
The Miller's
Prezidentail Life

The Urban Rabbit said...

I really enjoyed this post. I loved the braid. I want to get some color, but since I worry about what work will think I've started using the little hair strips of color. They are vibrant and I can change them as often as I want.

Got Here through hodgepodge friday!

Anonymous said...

Love this!! In May I went to my hairstylist to get a whole new cut and we put some cute layers in and swoopy bangs and we did bright purple in my middle layer and my bangs so that you see it peeking out under my layers, not all the way around but in 3 triangled sections. And just last week we added a dark pretty pink almost magenta with the purple and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! If my hair was blonde I would soo do the tips like that but I am blessed with super dark brown hair! Such a good post! I can't wait to finish cosmo school!

Lo said...

I want those colorful tips in my hair! I am all over that for our next hair session:)

Inspired By June said...

Fun stuff, Liesl! Love the colored braid at the end!

Elizabeth said...

These are such great ideas. I am getting a trim and colour on Thursday night so this was great timing and the perfect inspiration!

Visiting I {Heart} Nap Time.

More Than A Mom
http://morethana-mom.blogspot.com

LaVonne said...

Thank you for posting these. I loved looking at them all. I am trying to grow my hair out.

I do like that bottom braid a lot. I hope it is my hair one day...

Enjoy your week!

Blessings,
LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

Karen said...

Cute hair styles! I love Reese Witherspoon's. She is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing:)

Jill said...

What a great selection of hairstyles. I'm terrible with my hair - it's long and thick - almost to my waist, but I always just stick it up and forget about it. Seeing all these pretty styles makes me want to try something new!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sam Findlay said...

I love the braid!

Anonymous said...

It is so fun to see all the pictures. My fav. is Reese Witherspoon's hair...that's the look I am going for now.

Unknown said...

I definitely requested that Jessica Simpson do a few years ago! Still cute! Loving the pops of color too!

The Clanton Gang said...

Cute! But isn't "Color Melting" a fancy way of saying "Color grown out?" lol

Jenn said...

I Love this post! It is so fun to see what hairstyles are popular right now (I totally remember the Rachael). I would really like to try something new (how many times do you hear that in a month?) I'm glad to see you can do the fun colors with dark hair!

Jenn said...

I Love this post! It is so fun to see what hairstyles are popular right now (I totally remember the Rachael). I would really like to try something new (how many times do you hear that in a month?) I'm glad to see you can do the fun colors with dark hair!

Anonymous said...

I love the rainbow tipped hair! I just might get over my fear of hairdressers to get this done... I love the mermaid/fishtail braid thing too. I've tried that myself, many times, all unsuccessfully. Thanks for the inspiration!

Chef in Training said...

I am in love with this post! So many great ideas! Thanks!

Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again with more great projects!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

Such a fun post!! I TOTALLY rocked the rachel cut back in the day. And MANY Reese cuts :) Right now I have long layers, dark hair with a few red low-lights and a few blonde hi-lights...I also have the feather extensions (5)in. LOVE the different colors women are adding to their hair. So fun. i hope that you post pictures of when you do your hair!

This would be such a great post to link up to my new diy fashion linky party called diy diva thursdays! I hope you'll stop by!

Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com

Unknown said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing

David said...

Such a fun post! I mostly visits Lombre who provides services for both laser hair removal for men as well as women.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...