Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Birthday Cake Rice Krispie Treats


I, for one, LOVE Rice Krispie Treats!!  They are one of my absolute, all-time favorite 'treats'!  So, when I saw this wonderful recipe on doodlebugkitchen.blogspot.com I knew it would be the perfect 'treat' to make and send with my son to share with his classmates for his birthday.  I mean, what could be better than birthday cake mixed with the wonderful yumminess of Rice Krispie Treats??  I mean, seriously! 

Here is what you'll need to bring these delicious 'treats' to life--

5 cups Rice Kripies
3 T butter
1 bag of mini marshmallows
1 cup yellow cake mix
1/8 cup sprinkles
24 cupcake liners
non-stick spray

In a large pot, melt butter then stir in marshmallows and mix well.  Add the cake mix and stir it into the marshmallows until it all dissolves.  Add Rice Krispies, mix, then add the sprinkles and mix again.  Spray a small ice cream scoop with non-stick spray.  Arrange cupcake liners in cupcake and scoop the treats into each liner.  I added a few sprinkles over the top by hand as well--just to make it more fun and colorful! 
They turned out super duper cute and DELISH!!  I had to pry my husband away from them to make sure we would have enough for my son's classmates!  I even bagged them up (all cute-like) to drop them off at the school!  Aren't birthdays the BEST!!??

AFTERTHOUGHT:  I used yellow cake mix but think how yummy, cute and super easy it would be to use strawberry cake mix with cute heart-shaped sprinkles for Valentine's Day!!  I am going to have to give these a try here in the next day or two!  Now that would be a SWEET Valentine's Day 'Treat'!!

Pin It
Photobucket

4 comments:

Tenille said...

sounds yummy. I will have to try the valentines idea with strawberry. I love rice krispies and I love cake mix so these are perfect for me.

Charissa said...

Tenille...I dibs you to make these for our sisters' trip.

Simply Tasheena said...

This is such a great idea!

~Mrs. Delightful
ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

I second Charissa's thought!! Get to that Mt Nebo Market now and start making!! =) hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...