Friday, August 12, 2011

Some More Back To School Ideas

I like to take my kids school clothes shopping because that is a memory I have of growing up.  I loved that time with my mom and trying on clothes was always fun for me.  My boys aren't terribly into it but I think that is to be expected with BOYS!

Another thing I like to do is have a family dinner the night before school starts.  Something special and yummy of course.  We talk about their excitement and fears and any questions. We usually try to have a theme for the school year also.  A quote or topic to focus on for the whole year.  This past year I printed out a scripture and we have kept it hanging in our kitchen all year.  A fun dessert is a must and then we end the evening with fathers blessings for each kid.


I am one of those sappy moms who miss my kids when they are at school and have all my fears and anxieties of them being away at school with the "wolves".  Haha I know, I am working on my paranoia!  =)  But I love to listen to this song as my kids go back to school...it best describes what I feel for them and want them to know as they venture out in their new adventure!



Photobucket

3 comments:

Kimberly T. said...

That song is just beautiful! I have to download it now. I'm one of those moms who hate seeing their kids go to school, too. I just miss them. I really like your night befor school tradition, too.

Jill said...

What a nice idea to have a special family meal the night before school starts! Hope all's going well!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Lindsay said...

We do a special family dinner before school starts. I like letting the child know that they are very special!

Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...