Monday, May 14, 2012

Candied Popcorn

My girls and I had a neighborhood bake sale recently and I decided to make this as one of our items to sell.
Candied popcorn makes me think back to when I was younger and my Grandma would make these yummy strawberry popcorn balls.
Here is the recipe for this one...

Candied Popcorn
Popcorn
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
3 oz. pkg Jello (whatever flavor you choose)

Pop your popcorn.  Take out any kernels.  Combine sweetened condensed milk and jello over low heat in saucepan.  
Stir for about 4-5 minutes, until thick and bubbly.  Pour over warm popcorn and stir.  Spread evenly over foiled lined (butter or spray the foil before) baking sheet.  
Bake at 300 for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.

This was the only shot I got of the finished product, being sold at the bake sale.



Photobucket

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow, I've never seen a recipe for this using condensed milk. I have this pinned and am definately trying it. Thanks! :)

Michelle said...

oh yum yum yum!

Unknown said...

This popcorn sounds really good. This is a great recipe, I am pinning it so that I can make it sometime. I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-your-talent-thursday-7.html. I hope to see you there!

Unknown said...

This looks so fun, I can't wait to try it, thanks for linking up to my summer bucket list!

Six Sisters said...

YUM! This is one of our favorite summer treats! We can't wait to make it! Thanks for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday. Hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...