Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yummy yummy in your tummy fruit salad...

I got this recipe from my husbands side of the family. They didn't really have a name for it so I took it upon myself to name it 'yummy yummy in your tummy fruit salad'.  That's the only name I could think to name this delectable dish :)  What makes it even more delicious is that it so uber easy to make.  Seriously my 4 year old can make this dish.  And if you take it to a party or social function, everyone will ask you about it.  You will be the hit of the party...or your dish will be :)  All that is required is 4 simple ingredients.  They include:

1 packet of cheesecake instant pudding
1 tub of Vanilla yogurt
1 tub of whip cream or homemade whip cream
Strawberries- as many or little as you want


Mix the first 3 ingredients up and then add sliced up strawberries.  Cut the strawberries any size you please.  I have done both small slices and bigger pieces.  Either way, you will leave those eating it satisfied.  But what is great about this recipe is that you can mix it up and create your very own concoction.  You can add different fruits (I have added blackberries and raspberries before) or a different flavor of pudding mix (I have used white chocolate pudding....yum).  Either way you make it you can't go wrong.  The best part is you can make it healthier by using fat free yogurt and whip cream. 

 I will let you in on a little secret....Fat free vanilla yogurt tastes exactly the same as fattening vanilla yogurt...But please don't go sharing my secret.  I don't want too many people knowing about this ;)

So for your next party or social gathering, whip this little baby up and have people swooning over you and your amazing cooking skills.  And you can really make it seem secretive by saying it's an old family secret ;)


Photobucket

4 comments:

Charissa said...

This sounds delicious! I am trying this one out (as soon as I go to the store for pudding)

Jordan McCollum said...

Ooh, this sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Charissa said...

Okay, I made it last night for dinner, and it was a hit! I like, like, like (And especially how easy it was)

amynewby said...

Wow, this looks so good! so many of my fave things in one dish! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...