Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ripped Paper Art

My girls LOVE doing mommy school time everyday.
Some days it is just some worksheets I have printed out for them.
Some days it is practicing reading.
And some days it is just nonexistent, I'm not gonna lie!
But some days we do a craft together.
And thanks to good 'ol Pinterest, there are a plethora of ideas to copy!  Yay!
Today we did some ripped paper art using their names.


It's pretty self explanatory, but basically you write their name real big on a piece of paper.
Rip up a bunch of different colors of paper into small pieces.
(Some of my sisters (you know who you are) are afraid of ripping...DON'T BE!...especially with this kind of project...it's supposed to be jagged, ripped up paper!!)  =)
Then have them glue it all down.
The sad thing is that MY 3 YEAR OLD showed me a much easier technique for gluing than what I had shown them.
I started out having them glue each.small.piece.of.paper.
Uh no...my 3 year quickly showed me that you glue straight down the lines of your letters directly on your paper!
Haha...why didn't I think of that!
Much easier for them to just put the ripped paper pieces right on the paper and right onto the glue!

And there ya go...a simple yet fun activity to do with the kiddos!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Liesel said...

Cute. I need to start doing school with my little one. That would be perfect for him. Keep those easy ideas coming.

tiffunny said...

such a cute idea!

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

I did this with my girls today and they loved it so much! Thanks for sharing. :)

Unknown said...

I love this, I hope you will come and share it on my first link party " Summer Bucket List Ideas" http://www.missinformationblog.com/2012/05/summer-bucket-list.html

Rory Fugerson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What a fun project! Thanks for the idea. I'm a new follower from a blog hop, I would love if you followed me back at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...