Monday, January 16, 2012

Cake in a Mug

If you're like me, you ate way too much over the holidays!  And if you're also like me, you really don't want to  stop...even though you know you should.  This little recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth...but just a little at a time.  Instead of making a whole cake (which I always eat at least half of), why  not just make a mini-cake--to satisfy that evil little Mini-me within you.

Here's what you need:

1 pkg chocolate cake mix
1 pkg angel food cake mix
Jar of fudge or chocolate syrup
Frozen berries
3 Tbsp. water  (I know this one's hard to get)
Microwaveable Mug

Mix dry cake mixes together in a container that has a lid for storage.
Put a spoonful of fudge (or if you’re like me, several spoonfuls) in microwaveable mug.
In separate bowl, mix 1/3 cup cake mix with 3 Tbsp. water.
Pour this cake/water mixture in mug over the fudge (Do not stir).
Add a few berries on top (if you like them).
Microwave in mug for 1 minute and WahLah! Your cake is done.
Cool for a few seconds and then flip over onto a plate and watch that yummy fudge drip all over.   Delicious…and so fast and easy!

***I always put a paper plate under my mug, because sometimes it overfloweth and maketh a messeth in the microwaveth!

I leave the mixed up cake mix container in my cupboard and my kids can whip up a hot, fresh cake whenever they want by just following the easy directions above (Kindergartener's can make this cake!) This will last for a while if you don’t eat it every day (which if you don’t want much junk in your trunk, you probably shouldn’t).  But there ARE days when you just need to treat yourself to something sweet and delicious! So ENJOY!

Pin It
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am definitely giving this a try! Oh yumminess!

Heidi said...

Such a great idea to have that personal size dessert!!

PJH Designs said...

Wow what a neat idea. This is great for those of us that are on a diet. Thanks for sharing.

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

I have always wanted to try this!! Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

We just made this and it is Uh-mazing!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...