Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Inexpensive Birthday Ideas

My sisters call me crazy, but I LOVE to throw birthday parties for my kids!
It is usually a LOT of work and a LOT of money though.
Well, I am all about saving money where I can...
If I can make it and save some money, then it is worth the extra time and energy for me to do that!
And I decided last year that I would only throw my kids a friend party every other year, on their even  birthdays. (They get a family party every year still)
Well, whether you throw a birthday party for your child or not, there are still a TON of ways to make them feel special on their big day that DO NOT have to cost very much moola!

Here are just a few ideas for your birthday child that are frugal yet still cute & fun!
Guaranteed to make them feel totally special!

Taking treats to their school
I saw this idea on a personal blog years ago, can't even remember which one.
So simple, yet so unique and adorable I think!
Bake your cupcakes, frost and then stick a gummie lifesaver in middle.  Take a Dum Dum lollipop and dip in water, then dip in sprinkles.  Place in center of lifesaver then sprinkle rest of cupcake with sprinkles.

Balloons!!
Whether it is placing a bunch of balloons in their room for them to see when they wake up in the morning...
or hanging balloons from the ceiling (saw this idea on pinterest and loved how you get the look of helium with just regular blown up balloons)

A special meal...
My friend gave me this Pampered Chef "Celebrate" plate years ago and whenever it is someones birthday at our house, they get their special meal on this plate.

Cake!!



*Star Wars Episode 3 cake...Football field cake...Mario cake...Lego cakes
It doesn't have to be anything too extravagant!  Believe me, kids are usually just thrilled that their mom made them a cake of something they love!!  Use your creativity (and the internet with all its endless ideas) and go for it!  Your kids will love you for it!  I still remember my mom making me a Holly Hobby cake back in the day!  =)


Above everything else...just help your child feel like they are the only person that matters that day!!  No chores, food they like, their own box of cereal...you get the idea!!

Pin It
Photobucket

7 comments:

kavita said...

Hi,

Really great Party Favors ideas For Kids. Thanks and keep sharing.

Donna said...

Nice job! Love the Lego cakes :-)

Charissa said...

You do make cute cakes, sis! Those cupcakes looked delicious.

aggieam01 said...

Oh Wow! How cool are the cupcakes with the sprinkled dum dums. Those are so festive. Thank you for sharing this!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

That football field cake would be perfect for the Superbowl too! Great ideas... I'm with you--I love throwing a big party for my Little Man's birthday, too! Thanks for sharing at Oopsey Daisy!

Chef in Training said...

great post! Thanks for linking up to the Tuesday Talent Show! I hope to see you again next Tuesday!
-Nikki
Chef in Training
http://www.chef-in-training.com

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Great ideas -- love the cupcakes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...