Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Valentine's Day Ideas

I know Valentine's Day can be a bit overrated and cheesy sometimes...but you have to admit, when it comes to showing those you love how much you truly do, Valentine's Day is the PERFECT time to do it (and do it cutely too)! :-)
I love doing cute little things for my kids, their teachers, church lessons or visiting teachers, and of course my husband!!
Here is a sampling from years past...
*felt fortune cookies
*Framed quotes that say "The past is behind, learn from it.  The future is ahead, prepare for it.  The present is here, live it." by Thomas S. Monson
*lollipop valentine's 
*heart shaped pancakes
*personalized mailbox filled with goodies for teachers
*mailboxes for the kiddos

I love making cute unique Valentine's for my kids to hand out...one year I did the shovel idea with the saying "I dig you" attached.  


Of course you have all seen the heart shaped crayons.  That was a fun one to hand out.  I attached a note that said "You color my world"

I made the edible crayons one year from Gourmet Mom on the Go.  They were super easy to make and the kids LOVED them!

This diy Valentine is so personal, so easy and so fun to hand out for the kiddos!!  Snap a photo of them with their arm extended and pop a lollipop in once you have printed them off!

And these mailboxes were bought in the dollar section at Target years ago.  I put my kids names on using vinyl and they love to receive a small treat and gift each Valentine's.


- Posted from my iPad

9 comments:

Melu103 said...

this seriously looks like so much
fun !! :)

i just found your blog and
I wanted to invite you to join
My Valentine Card Swap?
Only for U.S. Residents
Click Here

The more girls the better :)
i wanted everyone to have a cute
little something in the mail ?

Please help me spread the word

xoxo
Melina ?
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

Tenille said...

I love the mailbox idea. I am going to have to be on the look out for some mailboxs. great ideas...

Simply Tasheena said...

Amazing V-Day ideas!

~Mrs. Delightful
ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

As a teacher I would love to see any of these creative gifts in my classroom. As a mom I'm inspired to get creative for my daughter's daycare. I'm your newest follower. Thanks so much for sharing.

Whitney said...

Your felt fortune cookies are darling, I think I'm going to make these for my family. I found your blog via tipjunkie.com tip me tuesday link party...

I linked right after you! :)
http://buddymunkadoo.blogspot.com/

Kirsten said...

The Valentine's Day cards with your son and the lollipops are ADORABLE. What a fabulous idea. Thank you for sharing!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

These are all so great!! I was able to score some of those Target mailboxes a few years ago, too! They are a gem! Happy Valentine's to you & yours!
{HUGS},
kristi

Michelle Paige said...

Such fun ideas! Thank you for linking up to my Valentine Link Party!

Lindsi B said...

Awesome!! I saw you on Tater Tots and Jello. Would you please be willing to share this fabulous post with my readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays_10.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...