Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Boys Printable

Back in February, all us sisters took our annual sisters trip to St. George, UT.  While there we did a little shopping and one of the many stores we hit was a Deseret Book.  As we browsed the aisles Heidi and I came upon the cutest plaque for a little boys room.  It had the numbers 8, 12 and 19 (all milestones in an LDS boys life) with the words baptism, priesthood and mission written at the bottom. We loved it so much but weren't hip on the price tag.  I believe it was somewhere between $30-$40.  Being the cheapskate that I am, I refused to pay that much for something that I knew I could copy cat myself.  So I took a picture with my trusty cell phone (I have since deleted it otherwise I would have shown the original) and let it sit there for a few months.  I was going through my pictures one day and saw it and decided to make my own version of this cute plaque.  This is the version I made.  


I made the colors to match my boys room.  Once I printed it out I framed it and I have loved it.  It is so cute and the best part is it was so cheap to do.  I mean to print costs less than $1 (for me at least) and then I had this cheap Walmart frame ($3) hanging around.  Of course I do think it would be adorable to mod podge it onto a clipboard.  Anyways my boys have loved it as well.
And because we love you guys we thought we would share this cute printable with you all.  We have it in an 8x10 size but you could go smaller and do a 5x7 too.

And feel free to let us know if you want different colors and we might be able to change it up a bit to hopefully fit your decor. 
boys(8x10)

**Don't forget to enter our GIVEAWAY by clicking HERE




Link ups:
Sweet Peas & Bumblebee

lil luna link party button">


topsy turvy tuesdays

Katie's Nesting Spot

DIY under $5



Tip Junkie handmade projects


Photobucket

6 comments:

Ashley said...

how darling! this is way cute and fun
http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Hi! I love your blog so much that I'm awarding you the One Lovely Blog Award. Here's a link to my post to check out the fun!

http://shannonsews.blogspot.com/2011/06/lovely-surprise.html

Whit said...

Um hello I absolutely love this since I have a little guy of my own I am so pinning this and printing it out thank you so much. I found your pritable idea through the Paisley passions linky party and just had to stop by. I am your newest follower and cant wait to check more of your blog out. Come and visit me and say hi and please follow back :)

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

The Miller's @ Prezidential Life said...

Thanks so much for sharing this idea! I have a son too and its always so hard to find boy craft ideas. I would love to try this with special milestones in his life. Thanks again!

p.s. i love the diaper case fix too! Creative!

New Follower from Prezidental Life

http://prezidentiallife.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Cute printable - lovely idea!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sweet Peas and Bumblebees said...

Your amazing printable has been featured on our blog! =) Come check it out and grab our button!

~Briana
Sweet Peas and Bumblebees

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...