Friday, June 17, 2011

Tub 'o' Fun

One of our summer activities that we do during the day is our 
summer tub 'o' fun
I have a daily schedule that we follow throughout the day. It has been extremely helpful and the kids like to go look and see what we should be doing at different times of the day. 


Here is our Daily Schedule for summer time:
7:00-8:30...breakfast/cartoons
8:30-9:00...reading
9:00-9:40...chores/clean up
9:40-10:00...exercise
10:00-11:00...games/movies
11:00-12:00...play/free time
12:00-12:30...lunch
12:30-2:00...play/free time
2:00-2:30...reading
2:30-3:30...games/movies
3:30-5:00...creative play
5:00-5:30...dinner
5:30-6:00...clean up/dishes
6:00-7:00...outside play/walks/bikes
7:00-8:00...baths/showers
8:00...bedtime

They all love "creative play time" because I pull out this big bin and they get to go at it using their creativity to make stuff. I filled it up with all sorts of paper, pom poms, pipe cleaners, glue, stickers, gel paint, water paint, markers, etc. A bit messy, yes, but worth it since they will sit there doing all sorts of stuff for the whole 1 1/2 hours of allotted time.
It is nice to have them close by as I make dinner...so I can see all their "creations".

What do you use to keep the kiddos entertained during the long summer months??




We joined the link party at:
Thirty Hand Made Days

Photobucket

3 comments:

Alicia Lochridge said...

Make sure to check out ucreate with kids. Lots of summer fun activities!! :)

http://ucreatewithkids.blogspot.com/

First Grade Factory

Kris said...

Love it! I knew it was Heidi's post as soon as I saw the schedule. I really wish I was that organized and together, yet I tend to just go with the flow of the day. I'm going to try a schedule and see if that helps me to not strangle my kids every hour. ;)

Anonymous said...

Great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...